How to Apply
Kindergarten-5th Grades Admissions Checklist
Depending on the age of your child, you can expect him or her to visit our School for either a half or full day. Their visit will include an evaluation and/or admissions testing.
The following items are necessary components for a completed application to our Lower School:
- Application may be completed and submitted by clicking here .
- Copy of applicant's birth certificate (submit via link found at the end of the online application).
- Copy of applicant's immunization records (submit via link at end of online application).
- Teacher Recommendation Form (necessary for students entering 2nd-8th grades, click here or download at end of online application).
- Transcript Request Form (click here or download at end of online application).
- $175 Evaluation Fee (to be collected any time prior to evaluation)
We invite you to attend an Open House or schedule a tour to learn more about our School community. Upon receipt of your application, our Admissions Office will contact you to explain your next steps in the admissions process, which will include a family tour and interview.
KINDERGARTEN ADMISSIONS POLICY
A child applying for Kindergarten must first meet the minimum age requirement which is to be five years old by September 1st in the fall of the enrollment year. Once accepted, whether a child is placed in Kindergarten or Junior Kindergarten is based on overall performance on our evaluation, current teacher recommendations, and several other factors listed below.
- Good listening, auditory, visual and visual-motor skills
- Sound thinking; ability to understand relationships in such words as 'up' and 'down', 'over' and 'under', and to classify words that represent people, places, and things
- Expressive language that is clear, on topic, and meaningful
- Ability to adjust to change, handle correction, obey the teacher, and follow rules for safety
- Capacity to relate to and play with other children
- Willingness to work/overall maturity; motivation, confidence, and attitude
- Parental support of our program and expectations
Evaluating young children to determine if their learning profiles, overall level of maturity, and physical and personal characteristics qualify them for Warren-Walker School's Kindergarten requires a comprehensive process. Therefore, we gather information from parents and former teachers, combined with our own observations and assessments to make a determination on admissions and placement.
If you have any questions, please click here, or contact us at 619-223-3663 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you every success in the admissions process!